Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-bugs (5421 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[Bug 689467] /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/Ddd, /usr/bin/ddd
- From: bugzilla_noreply@xxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:12:57 +0000
- Message-id: <20110426091257.627A624551E@molor.provo.novell.com>
Petr Gajdos <pgajdos@xxxxxxxxxx> changed:
What |Removed |Added
Priority|P5 - None |P3 - Medium
--- Comment #1 from Petr Gajdos <pgajdos@xxxxxxxxxx> 2011-04-26 09:12:56 UTC ---
There are two parts:
UTF-8 charmap detected. Switching off UTF-8 as ddd has problems with it. See
README.SUSE for futher information. Use -x parameter to bypass this wrapper.
You should really read README.SUSE and bug referenced there to understand it.
This should not prevent ddd to run, though.
Error: No `Ddd' application defaults file
To resolve this problem, you can:
* set the XAPPLRESDIR environment variable to the location of the file `Ddd',
* set the DDD_HOME environment variable to the location of `ddd/Ddd', or
* install the `Ddd' file in the X application defaults directory, or
* recompile DDD with builtin app-defaults file;
see the `--enable-builtin-app-defaults' option for details.
This simply says that Ddd config file cannot be found. Try to run ddd alone, it
should work. When you move /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/Ddd to
/usr/share/X11/app-defaults/Ddd.bak you should see the message above again.
Try to grep your strace output on Ddd string, you will see where is ddd trying
to find this config file and grep Ddd | grep -v ENOENT gives surely nothing.
I don't know how matlab calls ddd (with which parameters and environment
variables). To fix this, you can try
* to link /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/Ddd to e. g. /home/gre/Ddd or some other
location where ddd under matlab call is searching,
* to try to set XAPPLRESDIR or DDD_HOME to /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/Ddd as
ddd hints -- maybe it will get propagated into matlab call,
* to convince matlab with some other parameters or setting to not tell ddd
wrong location of Ddd file (I don't know its location on RHEL 6.).
Does something from above help you?
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.novell.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
|< Previous||Next >|