[opensuse-ambassadors] Software Freedom Day - Szeged, Hungary - Report
  • From: Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:37:54 +0200
Hi All,

Please find my report here.

Event: Software Freedom Day - Szeged, Hungary.
Date: October 8th, 2010.
Location: University of Szeged

1. how many DVDs did you take? 100
2. How many DVDs did you distribute? 100
3. how many people where at the event? 400 attendees .
4. At the booth? about 150
5. three most asked questions/topics at booth?
5.1 What's the future of the openSUSE after Novell era?
5.2 What is target users for openSUSE (is it for my sister/daughter/grandma?)
5.3 Several hardware related questions.
6. What was the most interesting comment, question, talk you heard?
My booth was big contrast comparing to fedora booth, I just could
bring DVDs, but they had complete booth.
Red hat distributor said on the keynote: Novell is dead, so openSUSE as well :(
7. Will you blog about the event - and where? Actually, my blog is frozen.
8. Who staffed the booth? Me
9. Did you have a talk? Yes, I did.
10. Which topic? Linux ecosystem, openSUSE Build Service, SUSE Studio.
11. Will you provide slides for others to use? sure -
http://prezi.com/yka_teiydgvi/opensuse/

Let me know if you have any question.

best
kalman