[opensuse-ambassadors] openSUSE team at Xariseto.gr Free Festival-Report
  • From: Kostas Koud <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:59:42 +0300
At October the 3rd we participated at the xariseto Free Festival.We
were placed between Greeklug and the Fedora community Project.

A few words about the event:
The event had everything an Free open fest could have,music,theatrical
teams ,places for kids to learn through games, free coffee, free
clothes,free games and any other kind of items people stopped use and
wanted to give away to others instead of throwing them away as
garbage,also after the event what people didn’t take the xarise to
team gathered it and gave it to institutions.
Our presence there:
Our Community was represented by Kostas Koudaras (warlordfff) and
we had with us dvd's, stickers and flyers with information about our
community.We expected more people but the weather was cloudy and not
many people left their houses to come at the event.We gave away around
60-70 dvd's but we talked with all 60-70 people and at least 80%
showed us real interest on trying openSUSE. Also a big percentage of
them were either businessman, either experienced window's user's that
were looking for their getaway to Linux operating Systems and needed
help for it. Also there were some site admins that asked for our help
at the creation of a FOSS section at their Sites.
For a full report and photo's take a look at:
http://bit.ly/deJBL8

Kostas (warlordfff) Koudaras
--
me I am not me