[opensuse-ambassadors] openSUSE Linux event in Mauritius
  • From: Nitin K Sookun <nsgupta@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:10:34 +0400
Hello friends,

First of all a big thanks to Andreas, I received the promo DVDs on time.
We had our openSUSE Linux event on UoM's campus yesterday, 30 September
2010. It was rocking and we received plenty feedback. Got students
interested from faculties of management, humanities, agriculture
etc...contrary to our belief that this event will attract computer
science & engineering students only.

Many of them are newbies, and openSUSE will be their first taste of
Linux. I'm thus providing them some support through mail, will soon
start and openSUSE blog here in Mauritius. I've explained them how they
can get support and advice through IRC etc.

I've seen that the computer labs at the University are currently using
Ubuntu 10.04 and Linux Mint. I've distributed some DVDs there also.

In total we've distributed some 500 DVDs on the University's campus and
a few dozens among Linux enthusiasts at Indra Cybercaf├ęs.

We got openSUSE geeko printed on some tshirts for this event :)

Here are some photos of that event:
http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/ishwon/openSUSE-UoM-2010/

Kind regards,

Ish