[opensuse-ambassadors] openSUSE Mauritius
  • From: Nitin Sookun <nsgupta@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:36:47 +0400
Hello friends,

I'm getting the support of some fellow linux users to organize an
openSUSE marketing event at the University of Mauritius
(http://www.uom.ac.mu).

I'm getting the collaboration of UoM's students' union. We'll set up a
booth with a few laptops with Internet connection. The event will take
place inside the university's campus, and we hope to get the attention
of mostly students from the faculties of engineering and computer
science.

Since, as an ambassador this will be my first such experience, I need
your ideas and suggestions. I'd like to know how to arrange for flyers,
dvds etc. I'll set up a team with the students union who will help us
there. Refreshment/snacks will be offered to the marketing team as
sponsorship from Indra Co. Ltd. We will however need some flyers with
info about openSUSE, need some graphics/logo to prepare invitation cards
and posters for the event.

We still haven't decided a date, we'll be meeting next week to plan how
we're going to proceed.

The university's campus comprises of some 10,000 students. This will be
a great opportunity to bring openSUSE under the spotlight.

I have some friends studying computer science there, and I was told that
lecturers recommend them to use ubuntu for testing and experimenting
their linux and programming skills, because ubuntu is easily available.
So, we can grab this opportunity to introduce them openSUSE and explain
that they can get support from openSUSE forums and IRC. That's why I'll
arrange for Internet on the laptops. We'll demonstrate everything during
explanations.

Kind regards,

Ish